Downey Energy delivers high-quality fuels to thousands of homes and businesses in Westchester, Putnam and Dutchess counties. With decades of experience in purchasing fuel, we make sound buying decisions that enable us to sell to our customers at fair, competitive prices.
Downey Fuel Company doesn't just deliver any heating oil to your home - ours is a superior grade of fuel blended with Heating Oil Plus™. This premium additive reduces fuel consumption, allows your burner to operate at top efficiency and helps extend the life of your heating system. It's formulated to maximize your energy dollars and save you the cost of potentially expensive maintenance house calls. We add Heating Oil Plus to your fuel at no extra charge - just another way we go the extra mile to exceed your expectations.
There are so many benefits to Oilheat:
- Oilheat is a great value: Oilheat has a long history as the value leader in New York - and has cost less than natural gas for the majority of the past 20 years.
- Oilheat means full service: Downey Energy is a full-service Oilheat and energy company. We help our customers get the most value for their energy dollars with 24-hour emergency service, comfort system upgrades, budget plans, service plans and price protection.
- Oilheat is safe: Oilheat is non-explosive and doesn't ignite at room temperature. It is stored safely inside a tank on your property.
- Oilheat is environmentally friendly: Changes in fuel composition are leading Oilheat to a cleaner, greener future. New York State requires that all Oilheat be "ultra-low sulfur" - producing fewer emissions than ever before. Future blends of renewable Bioheat® and reduced-sulfur oil "may well become the preferred fuel for lowering greenhouse gas emissions in the U.S.," according to the Energy Research Center.
- Oilheat is reliable: There is no need to worry about world supply of crude oil - with over 70 oil-producing countries, the U.S. is not dependent on any one source for our supply. In addition, the Strategic Petroleum Reserve in the United States has a capacity of over 727 million barrels - the world's largest emergency crude oil stockpile.
For every season and every reason, nothing beats propane. Downey Energy delivers propane, and installs and services propane equipment. We also offer our customers 2 comprehensive propane service plans and a propane-fired water heater service plan.
Propane is "exceptional energy" for many reasons:
- Propane is versatile: It can be used to power so many things: home heating systems, water heaters, stoves and ovens, fireplaces, barbecues, hot tubs, garages, clothes dryers, swimming pools, outdoor lighting, generators and much more.
- Propane is economical: Propane is competitively priced, and has consistently cost much less than electricity.
- Propane is efficient: Propane home heating systems can be up to 95% efficient. They make more heat with less fuel, and they're especially more efficient than electric heat pumps.
- Propane is dependable: Propane can be stored safely in a tank on your property, and since it's off the grid, it works when and where other energy sources do not.
- Propane is clean: Propane has long been recognized as a "green" energy source. By using propane, you can help cut emissions and protect the environment.
- Propane is safe: The propane industry has developed strict codes and regulations, and required preventive maintenance programs ensure that homeowners stay as safe as possible.
For our commercial customers Downey Energy delivers diesel fuel for on-road and off-road vehicles. We'll deliver diesel when and where you need it!
To place an order for diesel, please call our office or contact us.
Downey is one of the few local suppliers of kerosene. Kerosene is used for many different needs, such as heating mobile homes and trailers. It is particularly well suited to outdoor storage because it resists "gelling up" and usually remains available to the heating system even on the coldest nights.
To place an order for kerosene, please call our office or contact us.